Minnesota Grown license renewals for 2024 will open on or around December 15, 2023 and be due January 15, 2024. IT staff is in the process of making updates to the renewal website and forms. Once these updates are ready, you will receive notice via mail and email that renewals have opened.
Don't miss out on being able to use the Minnesota Grown logo in 2024 or let your Directory listing drop off of the website - renew your membership today! With your license number and PIN ready (sent to your e-mail in mid-December), you can renew online here.
Have you run into a problem trying to renew? Check out the FAQ section below.
Were you a member in 2023 but can't find your pin or license number? You can look up your license number at any time using the MDA's License Lookup Tool. Select Minnesota Grown Labeling from the license type drop down box. Your PIN will be sent to you via mail and email once renewals have opened. If you have trouble finding it, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-201-6140.
New members or folks whose membership has lapsed for more than 12 months should send in a new license application.
Frequently Asked Questions:
"Help! I'm having issues with the website."
Follow these troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure you're not using Internet Explorer (it isn't compatible with the renewal system).
- Completely close out of your internet browser (e.g. Firefox, Chrome, Safari) by clicking the "X" in the upper, right-hand corner. Simply closing the "tab" in which you are renewing won't work.
- Once you close out completely, re-open your internet and go to the renewal website.
- Enter your license number and PIN. You should receive your PIN in an email from email@example.com in late November or early December of each year. The PIN changes each year, so be sure you are using the PIN sent in the most recent email. The website should now let you back into your renewal information.
- Do not use your browser's "back" button at any point in the renewal process. This will sometimes cause errors or duplicate listing charges. Use the navigation buttons at the bottom of each screen.
Still not working? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-201-6140.
"Can I renew by mail instead of online?"
Yes! We can send you a PDF copy of your renewal form for you to print at home. Please let us know if you do not have access to a printer and need an alternative way to receive a paper version of your renewal form.
"Oops, I need to make a change to my listing but I already submitted my renewal."
Don't worry. E-mail email@example.com and describe the change that you need made in as much detail as possible. Usually we are able to make the change quickly from our end.
"How much does membership cost? This amount due doesn't seem right."
The basic logo license costs $20 per year and includes an optional Wholesale Directory listing at no additional charge. Consumer directory listings cost $40 per year. Most members pay either $20 or $60 per year. If you are seeing a different amount and you only have one Consumer directory listing, please call us before you pay! It is much easier and faster to fix the issue before payment than it is to issue a refund.
"How do I add or update a directory listing?"
- Review your current listing(s). Is your location mapped correctly? Are your website and phone accurate? Do you need to add or remove products? Is your listing description up to date? You can change all of these things when you renew!
- Draft your listing description edits before starting the online renewal process. This will avoid session timeouts. Check out our Directory Listing Guidelines and use a tool like Character Counter to ensure you're within the 460-character limit, including spaces and punctuation.
- Log in to the renewal site using the link in the renewal email sent in late November or early December. This email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org
- To review and edit existing listings:
- Click the "Review/Edit" button alongside your existing listing on page 3 of the online renewal form.
- Review and update your information! Be sure to carefully review the product list and special categories and certifications check boxes, as there are a few changes and new categories this year, including a new "Accepts SNAP/EBT" category
- To add a new listing:
- Click the button for "Add new Direct-to-Consumer Listing" or "Add new Wholesale Listing" on page 3 of the online renewal form.
- Complete the fields to reflect the information you would like included on your public listing. Most fields are optional. Be sure to carefully review and select from the product list and special categories and certification check boxes. These selections will determine which searches your listing appears in.
- Click "Save" and continue through the renewal process using the buttons at the bottom of each screen to advance.
- Ensure the fee amount is correct before submitting payment! The logo license is $20 and includes an optional Wholesale Directory listing for no extra charge. Consumer Directory listings cost $40 per listing. Most members pay either $20 or $60 per year. If your amount due doesn't look right, please call us at 651-201-6140 before paying! It is much easier to fix before paying than it is to fix after you have paid.
- Advance through all screens until you receive a confirmation number. If you haven't seen a confirmation number, your renewal is not complete. Once you have a confirmation number at the top of the screen, your renewal is complete!
- Liven up your direct-to-consumer listing with photos! Review the Minnesota Grown Photo Policy, then send up to seven photos (including maximum of one logo) to email@example.com. Be sure to say which image you want to be the featured image at the top of the listing. Listings can have a maximum of seven images total. If you are replacing current photos, please tell us which to remove.