Join Minnesota Grown
Minnesota Grown has promoted products grown/raised in MN for over 30 years and is a well-known resource by the public for finding local goods statewide. We have over 1,300 member logo users and over 1,030 members with directory listings in the Direct-to-Consumer directory.
Need to renew your membership? Click here.
What are the benefits?
Trusted and Established Brand Recognition
Customers recognize the Minnesota Grown logo as a sign they’re supporting local farms for more than 30 years!
150,000 printed directories are distributed each year. Over 350,000 unique visitors use www.MinnesotaGrown.com each year. Over 19,000 readers receive our monthly newsletter highlighting what's in season, member farms, and local recipes.
Member Update Newsletter
Early notification about new grant opportunities, articles by expert guest authors, new marketing ideas, and more can be found in the Member Update e-newsletter.
Promoting You is Our Focus
Member events are featured on MinnesotaGrown.com. Members and their products are featured on Facebook and Instagram. Press releases are issued to be shared by state and regional news media. Large-scale TV and online marketing campaigns highlight buying local throughout the year.
Two levels of membership.
1) $20 Minnesota Grown Labeling Membership: This membership level provides a license for individual farms growing/raising a MN agricultural product, farmers’ markets featuring vendors growing/raising a MN agricultural product, or individual businesses incorporating at least 80% MN grown/raised products into their final product with the Minnesota Grown logo. Wild rice must be 100% Minnesota harvested to qualify for the logo.
(NOTE: Individual businesses with at least one major ingredient that 80% or more MN grown/raised their final product may specify the locality of their product by stating “Featuring Minnesota Grown _____” and include the Minnesota Grown logo. For wild rice, this must be 100% Minnesota harvested.)
The $20 membership also gives you:
- The right to use our trademarked logo on all eligible products, websites, and promotional materials
- Unlimited, free Minnesota Grown branded promotional items
- Access to a labeling cost share program
- Opportunity to be listed in the Wholesale Directory marketed towards restaurants, grocers, schools, and other institutions
2) Additional $40, Minnesota Grown Directory Listing: This membership option provides all the benefits of the labeling license (above) and allows members who sell directly to the public to be listed in the direct-to-consumer Minnesota Grown Directory.
Benefits of this listing include:
- A listing highlighting your business, farm practices, and/or products sold
- Opportunity to be viewed by over 350,000 unique visitors annually
- Visibility in the over 150,000 printed directories distributed statewide