Minnesota Grown Photo Policy –
Minnesota Grown welcomes the voluntary submission of photos by program participants to showcase local foods and other local agricultural products. Before submitting a photograph, please review the following disclaimer:
- No Confidentiality: Photographs submitted to Minnesota Grown will not be treated as confidential, private, or otherwise not public. By submitting a photograph you affirm that you are not including or disclosing any trade secrets or other confidential information, including without limitation confidential information of any third party, in any photographs.
- Non-Infringing Materials: By submitting a photograph, you hereby represent and warrant that: (a) you are above the age of majority in the jurisdiction of your residence; (b) the photograph is original to you, you personally are the photographer of the photograph and that you are the owner of all right, title and interest in and to the photograph and have the right to grant the rights granted herein or, alternatively, you have obtained all necessary rights and permissions to use and submit the photograph in connection with Minnesota Grown and the MDA and to provide all the rights specified herein; and (c) the photograph and the use thereof as contemplated herein does not and will not violate or infringe any law or regulation or the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any copyright, trademark, patent, or any rights of publicity or privacy, or any other intellectual property, personal, or proprietary rights.
- General Release: By submitting a photograph, you release Minnesota Grown and the MDA and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, contractors, and agents from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional, whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- Permissions: Except where prohibited by law, by submitting a photograph you grant permission to Minnesota Grown and the MDA to use the photo without limitation, for promotional, advertising, marketing, awareness, outreach, or educational purposes without further permission or compensation.
- Intellectual Property Notice: While photo submitters retain all rights to their images, the submitter grants permission for unrestricted use of the image, including people in the image, to Minnesota Grown and the MDA to utilize the image in future publications, exhibits, on its Internet site and social media accounts to promote the functions and values of Minnesota Grown and the MDA. Minnesota Grown or the MDA may alter the image for their use, including but not limited to adding text over the image.