Cost Share Program

Minnesota Grown is happy to offer our members access to this Cost Share Program. If you would like to participate, become a member and follow the instructions below! Please contact us with any questions.

Minnesota Grown Labeling/Signage Cost Share:

If you are developing a new label, tag, bag, box or permanent sign and would like to add the Minnesota Grown logo directly to your packaging, you may be eligible to receive up to $200 reimbursement in the current fiscal year. To take advantage of the program:

  1. Contact Karen at to receive digital versions of the Minnesota Grown logo that can be used by your design/printing company.
  2. Fill out the Cost Share Application form.
  3. Submit this form with a copy of your invoice(s) from the printer, a photo or mock-up of your design that includes the Minnesota Grown logo, and a W-9 form.

For more information, see our frequently asked questions below or contact Karen ( with questions.

Participation in this program is based on our fiscal year and the availability of funds.

Example labels and signs from members who have used the cost share program.



Cost Share Frequently Asked Questions:

Where do I send the application?
You can submit electronically to Karen at or mail the application and all required documentation to:
MN Grown Cost Share/AMDD 625 Robert St. N. St. Paul, MN 55155-2538

When is the application and supporting documentation due?
Applications and supporting documents are applied to the current fiscal year once they are received. (The fiscal year runs July 1st – June 30th.) Members may be eligible to receive up to $200 reimbursement in the current fiscal year, while funds last.

Do I need to be a Minnesota Grown member to apply for this program?
Yes, you need to have a current/valid Minnesota Grown License to participate.

How much am I eligible to receive?
Payments depend on the total cost of designing and printing your labels or signage that features the Minnesota Grown label. This program reimburses 50% of those costs up to a maximum reimbursement of $200 per fiscal year, while funds last.

Where can I find a W-9 form?
An online form from the Internal Revenue Service is available here:

When can I expect payment?
Requests are processed continuously as long as funds are available.

Where can I find the Minnesota Grown label artwork?
Please contact Karen for files. You may convert the logo into any color you wish.

Is my project eligible?
Most packaging(labels, bags, boxes, tags) and permanent signs will be eligible. Items like business cards, direct mail pieces, online or paper advertisements, clothing, or flyers are not eligible.

What about demonstrations, tradeshows or sampling?
The Minnesota Department of Agriculture has support for small to medium-sized Minnesota food companies, farmers and ranchers who add value to their products, agricultural cooperatives, and others, to investigate new markets by attending and participating in more local, regional and international wholesale food events, and do more retail product sampling events (demos). Please see Sampling Cost Share/ Tradeshow Support Program for more information.

What about my privacy?
Under state law, we must provide demographic information (like name and address) if asked. We do not release social security numbers or individual payment amounts.