The contest period runs through October 31, 2016. First place winners will be selected in each of six regional categories (based on county borders) and one winner will be selected from the People’s Choice Display Contest.
- Single Store: Northwest Region
(Becker, Beltrami, Cass, Clay, Clearwater, Crow Wing, Hubbard, Kittson, Lake of the Woods, Mahnomen, Marshall, Norman, Otter Trail, Pennington, Polk, Red Lake, Roseau, Wadena, Wilkin)
- Single Store: Northeast Region
(Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Kanabec, Koochiching, Lake, Mille Lacs, Pine, St. Louis)
- Single Store: Twin Cities Region
(Anoka, Carver, Chisago, Dakota, Hennepin, Isanti, Ramsey, Scott, Sherburne, Washington, Wright)
- Single Store: Southeast Region
(Dodge, Fillmore, Freeborn, Goodhue, Houston, Le Sueur, Mower, Olmsted, Rice, Steele, Wabasha, Waseca, Winona)
- Single Store: Southwest Region
(Blue Earth, Brown, Cottonwood, Faribault, Jackson, Lincoln, Lyon, Martin, McLeod, Murray, Nicollet, Nobles, Pipestone, Redwood, Renville, Rock, Sibley, Watonwan, Yellow Medicine)
- Single Store: West Central Region
(Benton, Big Stone, Chippewa, Douglas, Grant, Kandiyohi, Lac qui Parle, Meeker, Morrison, Pope, Stearns, Stevens, Swift, Todd, Traverse)
People’s Choice: Best Minnesota Grown Display
This award for best display is available to a single store located anywhere within Minnesota. Simply submit a photo of an excellent display of local products that meets the criteria below. Stores are encouraged to enter both the “Minnesota Grown Retailer of the Year” contest and the “Minnesota Grown People’s Choice Display” contest.
Winners will receive exclusive rights to use a custom “Minnesota Grown Retailer of the Year” logo or the “People’s Choice” logo.
Resources for a Successful Entry:
- Single store: Mackenthun’s Fine Foods
- Retail group of 9 stores or less: Festival Foods
- Retail group of 10 stores or more: Kowalski’s Markets
- People’s Choice Display Award: Lunds & Byerlys, Woodbury