This is an exciting time to be part of the Minnesota Grown Program! Consumer demand for locally grown and raised products is increasing and participation in the program is at an all-time high.
Minnesota Grown was established in the 1980’s to promote fruits and vegetables. It has since become synonymous with fresh food and ornamental products of great quality and variety. We currently have more than 1,300 growers licensed to use the logo and over 1,000 in the Directory with agricultural products as diverse as beef, wine, crop mazes, flowers, Christmas trees and more!
There are two tiers of The Minnesota Grown Program:
1) Minnesota Grown Labeling License–$20: This license is available to individual farmers/ranchers who are growing or raising a Minnesota Agricultural product themselves. The license is $20 and is valid for one calendar year, expiring Dec 31st of the year you apply. The labeling license gives you:
- The rights to use the trademarked logo on all eligible products, websites and promotional material.
- Access to unlimited FREE promotional items, like price cards, stickers and more. Click here to see what promotional items we offer our members.
- Access to cost-share programs for labeling and sampling. Click here to read more about these two programs.
- Access to a listing in the online Wholesale Directory for producers who market their products to restaurants, grocers, schools and other institutions. Click here to learn more about the Wholesale Directory.
2) Minnesota Grown Directory Listing-$40:The Directory is available in print and online. The latest version of the printed Directory is available around the first of April and each member must renew their license/listing to be included. We print and distribute 150,000 copies of the Directory statewide and have over 300,000 unique visitors annually to the online Directory.
- Listings are available for products that are grown/raised in Minnesota and are sold directly to the end consumer from the producer.
- You must have a valid Minnesota Grown labeling license in order to purchase a Directory listing.
- Listings are available both online and in print, however, any applications submitted after Jan 31st may not be included in the latest version of the printed Directory.
How do I apply?
- Apply online! Click here for our fast and secure online application. Please be prepared to pay with a credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or by electronic check. There is also a small handling fee. You will need to select “Minnesota Grown Labeling License” from the drop down list.
- Download the application. Click here to download the application. You may fill it out and mail it back to the address on the form.
- Contact Kristin to have an application mailed directly to you.
Still not sure?
Check out the resources below to learn more about what we can do for you!